Clash Royale League
CRL23: Everything you need to know!
Ready to take on CRL by storm? Here are all the details on rules, schedules, a prize pool breakdown and other info you need to know about what’s coming!
SEVEN SEASONS. 16 FINALISTS. ONE WORLD CHAMPION.
The road to the World Finals is long and full of challenges. The goal is clear: beat the best to become the best. From March till September, you will have seven chances to prove yourself among the world’s greatest players. We’ve saved seven spots in the World Finals for each Monthly Final winner and seven more for the most consistent challengers who couldn’t win one. Two extra spots are reserved for our China qualifiers!
Sounds good? Let’s dive into every step leading up to the World Finals!
IT ALL STARTS WITH THE PATH OF LEGENDS!
Starting February 6th, the Path of Legends will be worth more than in-game rewards and fame. For each of the seven seasons, the Path of Legends' top 1000 players will be guaranteed a spot in our Monthly Qualifiers. You know the drill: climb your way to the “Ultimate Champion League” and build your rating to finish the season in the top 1000. Succeed and you are one step closer to becoming a Monthly Finalist.
FROM 1000 TO 8: THE MONTHLY QUALIFIERS!
By being in the top 1000 on the Path of Legends leaderboard by the end of the season, you’ll be able to sign-up for the Monthly Qualifiers. Everything, from sign-ups to battling will be done in the Tournament Hub in-game! Be prepared for two days of intense competition where only eight players will qualify for the next stage. As for the format? Let's break it down:
Day 1: A 1000-player Swiss Bracket to be played until 32 players remain.
Day 2: Double Round Robin. Players will be placed into one of 8 groups of 4 players. The top player from each group will advance to the Monthly Final.
All battles will be played using the in-game Duels format.
THE AWAITED MONTHLY FINALS!
If you’re among the eight best in the Monthly Qualifiers, then congratulations: you are a Monthly Finalist! As such, you’ll be placed in a Double Elimination bracket, Duels format. Two days of competition await you. From there, it’s quite simple: Win it all and you are in the World Finals. If you fall short, don't despair, as your effort wasn’t in vain. That’s where the Competitive Points come into play!
GOLDEN TICKETS AND COMPETITIVE POINTS!
Each Monthly Final winner will earn a Golden Ticket, which means qualifying to the World Finals. Pretty straightforward. But if you keep losing that final match, there’s still a good chance for you! As you advance in each season, you’ll collect Competitive Points. Every win counts! Here’s how you’ll earn Competitive Points:
- Day 1 (Swiss): 5 points per win (up to 55)
- Day 2 (Double Round Robin): 5 points per win (up to 30)
- 1st place: 100 points
- 2nd place: 80 points
- 3rd place: 65 points
- 4th place: 50 points
- 5th-6th: 40 points
- 7th-8th: 30 points
Keep collecting those Competitive Points. If by the end of the last Monthly Final, you are a Competitive Leaderboard’s Top-7, you guarantee your spot in the World Finals!
TO SUM IT ALL UP!
Let’s review all the steps for each season!
- Path of Legends: finish in the top 1000 to advance!
- Monthly Qualifiers a. Sign-up in the Tournament Hub b. Swiss format: Reach the last 32 c. Double round robin (8 groups of 4 players): Get to the 1st place in your group
- Monthly Finals: 8-player Double Elimination bracket. Win to qualify for the World Finals or keep collecting Competitive Points.
Important: You need to be 16 years old or older to participate in the CRL Monthly Qualifiers. Players must pass the fair play check, participate with clean accounts, and follow good sportsmanship.
You can read the full rulebook HERE!
WHEN WILL EVERYTHING HAPPEN?
Here’s the full CRL schedule, so you don’t miss anything:
- Path of Legends: 6th February – 6th March
- Monthly Qualifiers: 11-12 March
- Monthly Finals: 18-19 March
- Path of Legends: 6th March – 3rd April
- Monthly Qualifiers: 8-9 April
- Monthly Finals: 15-16 April
- Path of Legends: 3rd April – 1st May
- Monthly Qualifiers: 6-7 May
- Monthly Finals: 13-14 May
- Path of Legends: 1st May – 5th June
- Monthly Qualifiers: 10-11 June
- Monthly Finals: 17-18 June
- Path of Legends: 5th June – 3rd July
- Monthly Qualifiers: 8-9 July
- Monthly Finals: 15-16 July
- Path of Legends: 3rd July – 7th August
- Monthly Qualifiers: 12-13 August
- Monthly Finals: 19-20 August
- Path of Legends: 7th August – 4th September
- Monthly Qualifiers: 9-10 September
- Monthly Finals: 16-17 September
Monthly Qualifiers start at 14:00 UTC. You can check in between 11:30 and 13:30 in the Tournament Hub. Monthly Finals start at 14:00 UTC
WHAT ABOUT THE WORLD FINALS?
Here’s what we know already:
- It will be held on 24th-26th November, location unknown.
- Double Elimination bracket - Duels mode - 3 days of competition
- It will consist of 16 players: 7 Monthly Final Winners, The 7 highest-ranked players on the Competitive Leaderboars and 2 players qualified through the Chinese qualifiers
More information on location and other details to come. Stay tuned!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, LET’S TALK PRIZE POOL!
The 2023 CRL will distribute a total of 1.3 Million Dollars! How will we break it down?
- 9th - 16th places: $750
- 17th - 32nd places: $500
- 1st place: $16,000
- 2nd place: $10,000
- 3rd place: $7,000
- 4th place: $4,000
- 5th-6th places: $2,000
- 7th-8th places: $1,000
- 1st place: $250,000
- 2nd place: $125,000
- 3rd place: $80,000
- 4th place: $65,000
- 5th-6th places: $50,000
- 7th-8th places: $40,000
- 9th-12th places: $30,000
- 13th-16th places: $20,000
We couldn’t be more excited about what’s coming this CRL 2023 season! Keep up to date with all the news on our official social media and websites:
See you in the arena,
Clash Royale Esports team
Clash Royale League
Royale MSTRS: King of the Hill Edition!
Clash Royale League
Get ready for the CRL 2023 Warmup!
Clash Royale League